The present discourse pertains to the procedures involved in blocking and applying for a replacement IDBI Bank credit card. If an individual misplaces their credit card or it becomes lost or stolen, it is imperative to stop the card promptly.
How to Block IDBI Credit Card
Credit card blocking will likely reduce the probability of fraudulent transactions on one’s account. In the event of a lost or stolen IDBI Credit Card, IDBI Bank offers four alternatives for card blockage.
Various Approaches for Blocking Your IDBI Bank Credit Card:
- Using IDBI Bank’s online banking
- By using IDBI Bank’s phone banking
- Using the mobile app for IDBI Bank
- Through Visiting The IDBI Bank Branch
Online banking, also known as net banking, is a digital service provided by financial institutions.
- Firstly, it is necessary to access the official website of IDBI Bank and authenticate oneself by logging into the net banking account using the designated user identification and password.
- To access the credit card host listing, please navigate to the menu bar and select the “credit cards” button. From there, proceed to click on the credit card host listing option. The registered credit cards may be viewed inside the NetBanking platform.
- Please choose the card that you would like to deactivate and then indicate the reason for doing so.
- To proceed, please click on the “submit” button and input the transaction password to provide confirmation.
Phone banking refers to banking activities via the telephone, such as account inquiries, fund transfers, and bill payments.
- Please call the customer service toll-free number and enter the PIN as the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system requests to authenticate your 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Please adhere to the further instructions given by the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system to initiate the process of blocking your IDBI Credit Card.
- Alternatively, instead of engaging in spoken communication, individuals can transmit a Short Message Service (SMS) to the financial institution using the prescribed format.
- Please update the customer’s identification number to 5676777.
The mobile application:
- To access your mobile banking account, please log in using your netbanking credentials.
- Please select the option for credit card hotlisting.
- Please include your credit card number, expiration date, and other pertinent information.
- Please choose the “submit” button.
The branch of IDBI Bank.
- Please proceed to the nearest branch of IDBI Bank to obtain a credit card block application form from the designated counter.
- Please complete the form and deliver it to the local bank office.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there a price associated with the replacement of a card?
Indeed, the IDBI Bank imposes a cost of Rs. 100 for the replacement of a card.
What is the toll-free customer service number that IDBI Bank offers?
IDBI Bank has a toll-free customer service line, 1800-226-9999, which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Is it possible to temporarily ban my IDBI credit card?
Indeed, it is possible to temporarily block one’s credit card by accessing the netbanking account and navigating to the ‘manage card’ area.
Is it possible to get my credit card disabled via SMS Banking?
Indeed, it is possible to transmit a Short Message Service (SMS) to the numerical address 5676777 with the prescribed format of ‘BLOCK ‘.